Nowadays it’s quite common to see people with different body piercings but fairly rare to see someone rocking a large gauge ear jewellery. The forms of body art are continually modified like scalpelling is a step ahead of piercings. It is a replacement for or an enhancement of basic ear piercing. Here are some important facts you might wanna know about scalpelling and some amazing ear lobe scalpelling pictures.
1. While piercing is done using a needle or an ear piercing instrument, a scalpel is used to cut a slit into the skin for scalpelling.
2. It produces holes of larger diameter which can’t be produced through piercing.
3. One can start off at a size larger than most needles can achieve.
4. It is also used to relocate existing piercings or as an alternative for stretching.
5. Once healed, large chunky jewellery can be inserted to make a statement.
6. The wounds from scalpelling are quite large,
7. Surprisingly, lobe scalpelling wounds heals really quick, that too without complications.
8. One drawback of scalpelling is the holes created in the process are less likely to close naturally
9. In case you get bored of it, surgically closing it is the only option.
10. Since scalpelling is a fairly new technique, it is still quite rare.