Late American rapper, Gustav Ahr aka Lil Peep, was one of the talented young artists, who was also responsible for bringing Post Emo Revival rap to the world. He died at a young age of 21 years. He kind of “felt” that he was about to die, so, just a few hours before his death he posted on his Twitter account, “when I die, you’ll miss me.” He became a millionaire overnight after his death when his fans emptied his online merch store. He was famous for his weird looks and tattoos. He got a bunch of tattoos on his body, each of which had a special meaning to him. Let’s take a tour of his inscriptions.
1. “GET CAKE DIE YOUNG” below his Hairline
Tattoo: “GET CAKE DIE YOUNG”
Meaning: Peep got a phrase, ‘Get cake die young’ inked on his forehead, just below his hairline. In a video shoot for GQ, he said that one morning he woke up and found this tattoo on his forehead. He said that he had no idea when he got these tattoos.
2. “PEEP” on his Left Upper Arm
Meaning: Lil Peep got his name inked on his left upper arm. His mother used to call him Peep during his childhood, that is where his name came from.
3. “11-1” on his Abdomen
Meaning: Peep got his birthdate, 11-1, inked on his abdomen. He was born on 1 November 1996 on Halloween night.
4. “Halloween Pumpkin” on his Left Forearm
Tattoo: “Halloween Pumpkin”
Meaning: Peep got a tattoo of Halloween pumpkin inked on his right forearm as he was born on the Halloween night on 1st November.
5. “Halloween Bats” behind his Left Ear
Tattoo: Halloween Bats
Meaning: Peep got two Halloween bats inked behind his right ear. In a video for GQ, he said, “I was born on Halloween night, November 1, so, I got these bats over here and this pumpkin.”
6. “Centipede” on his Left Forearm
Meaning: Peep got a tattoo of a centipede inked on his left forearm. He used to hate this creepy crawly, and they used to bother him all the time. So, he got one on the inner side of his left forearm. He said,
” I hates these centipedes and they seem to find me and bothers me every time. So, I figured to get one tattoo on me.”
7. “FLY SHIT ONLY” in Nike’s Symbol on his Left Upper Arm
8. Initials “LKW” and Date “10-27” on his Right Forearm
Tattoo: Initials “LKW” and Date “10-27”
Meaning: Peep got the initials of his mother, Liza Womack. It was his first tattoo which he got when he was 14 years of age. He got it inked on his mother’s birthday, October 27, as a birthday present to her. There are some flying birds inked between the initials and birthdate. He said,
“I did not always know I was gonna get tattoos. The first one I got was this big one right here. It’s my mum’s birthday, her initials, so that she wouldn’t get mad at me because it was my first tattoo when I was 14’.”
9. “LOVE” on his Abdomen
Meaning: Peep got a word, LOVE, inked below the tattoo of his birthdate. There is a sad emoji in the letter ‘O’ of the word Love.
10. “Meep” on his Left Lower Leg
Tattoo: Outline of a dog- Meep
Meaning: Peep got a tattoo of his pet dog, Meep, inked on his left lower leg. He said that he and his ex-girlfriend had bought this pet dog and he was like his son to him. So, he got it inked on his leg.
11. “Simpson’s LISA” And “MOM” on his Neck
Tattoo: Simpson’s “LISA” and “MOM”
Meaning: Peep got the character from Simpsons, Lisa, inked on his neck. Lisa is shown screaming. The word Mom is inked above it. Peep said that it depicts his relationship with his mother. He said,
“This is a screaming mom, Whenever something’s going wrong in my life I call my mum, I stress her the fu** out.”
12. “HELLBOY” on his Neck
Meaning: Peep got this tattoo inked after the release of his first mixtape, Hellboy, in 2006. It was his first release which helped him to gain stardom. Also, he was a great fan of the comic “Hell” and its character, “Hellboy.”
13. “Pink Panther” on his Neck
Tattoo: “Pink Panther”
Meaning: Peep got a tattoo of the pink panther inked on the left side of his neck. He was on a trip to Venice with his friends, where he got so bored that he went to a random tattoo shop which had pink interiors. So, he decided to get a pink panther tattoo on his neck.
14. “HOMESICK” on the Fingers of Both Hands
Meaning: Peep was a young artist and used to travel a lot because of his music shows. So, he got HOMESICK inked on his fingers. He said, “I am young, and I miss my mommy certain times.”
15. “Anarchy Logo” on his Left Cheek
Tattoo: Logo of Anarchy
Meaning: Peep got the logo of Anarchy inked on his left cheek. He said that he wants to look different because many people have followed him and have got similar tattoos.
16. “Crying Mickey Mouse” on his Right Upper Arm
Tattoo: Outline of a Crying Mickey Mouse with word MOOD underneath it
Meaning: This is the favourite tattoo of Peep. An outline of a sad mickey mouse with the word mood underneath it is inked on his right upper arm. He said, “It describes my low-quality mood as the low-quality tattoo, but is my favourite.”
17. “Broken Heart” below his Left Eye
18. “Horseshoe” between his Eyebrows
Meaning: Peep got a horseshoe tattooed between his eyebrows. He believed that it was his lucky charm and good luck.
19. “Cry Baby” above his Right Eyebrow
Tattoo: “Cry Baby”
Meaning: Peep got a tattoo above his right eyebrow, saying, “Cry Baby.” Peep said that he used to complain a lot during his childhood.
20. “Rose” on his Right Cheek
21. “Sharp End Weapon with REVENGE” on his Right Wrist
22. “DADDY” on his Chest
23. “Marijuana leaf” on the Left Side of his Chest
24. “Wine Glass” on his Right Elbow
25. “Star” below his Right Eye
26. “Insects” on his Left Forearm
27. “Play Boy” Sign on his Left Hand
28. “Coffin” on his Left Forearm
29. Letter “A” on his Right Forearm
30. “Clique” on the Right Side of his Chest
31. “Upside-Down Celtic Cross” on his Left Shoulder
32. “Celtic Cross” on his Right Shoulder
33. “Hand Holding A Revolver” on his Right Upper Arm
34. “FOREVER” on his Right Thumb
35. “Star” behind his Right Ear
36. “RIP” on the Right Side of his Neck
37. “Wave” on his Right Jaw bone
38. “Ghost” on his Left Upper arm
39. “Scorpion” on the Back of his Neck
Meaning: Lil peep had got himself inked with a scorpion on the back of his neck, as his zodiac sign was Scorpio.
40. “EXIT LIFE” on his Back
41. “Crescent Moon” on his Right Cheek
42. “WAVY BABY” on his Fingers
43. “Cross” beside his Left Eye
44. “Racing Flags on Fire” on his Left Temporal Region
45. “Outline of a Face” on his Right Temporal Region
46. “Rose” on his Right Cheek
47. Roman Numerals “MCM and XCVI” on the Knuckles of Both Hand
Tattoo: Roman Numerals “MCM and XCVI”
Meaning: Peep got Roman numerals MCM and XCVI inked on the knuckles of his both hands. MCM translates into 1900 and XCVI translates into 96, which combines to form 1996, which is his birth year.