In America, the tattoo culture is divided into two categories, namely, Tattoos in Pre-Colonial Native American Culture and Contemporary American Culture. Most of the celebrities in America are seen exposing their beautiful artworks on their respective bodies by well-experienced tattoo artists. There is an endless list of famous well-experienced tattoo artists in America, especially in Los Angeles which is called ‘tattoo tourism’ in America. We have concluded a list of a few world-famous tattoo artists of Los Angeles who are worth an appointment. Let’s scroll further to the know details regarding these amazing tattoo artists.
1. Mark Mahoney-Shamrock Social Club
Mark Mahoney is American’s most successful, respected, and influential tattoo artist who is also known as the godfather of black and grey single needle tattoos. Mahoney has more than 40 years of experience in tattooing and that’s why he is considered as the living legend and High Priest in the world of tattoos. He started working as a professional tattoo artist in 1977. Till now, he has inked several celebrities from all over the world. According to “The Los Angeles Times”, many fellow artists visit Mahoney to consult him on new designs and techniques. The world-famous artist Doctor Woo has also worked as an apprentice under him for several years. At Shamrock Social Club, Mark Mahoney leads a team of well-experienced tattoo artists.
- Few popular celebrities who got inked by Mark Mahoney: Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp, David Beckham, Britney Spears, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Zayn Malik, Brad Pitt, Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., Johnny Thunders.
- Shop Name: SHAMROCK SOCIAL CLUB
- Location/Address: SHAMROCK SOCIAL CLUB 9026 W. Sunset BLVD. Hollywood, CA 90069
- Website: www.shamrocksocialclub.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact No: (310) 271-9664
2. Doctor Woo
Brian Woo, a.k.a. Doctor Woo is one of the most in-demand tattoo artists in the world. Born and brought up in Los Angeles, Woo developed his passion for tattoos during his early teens. Woo got his first tattoo inked by the tattoo artist Mark Mahoney, who offered the job to Woo as an apprentice at his tattoo studio, Shamrock Social Club. After practicing, Woo started tattooing the walk-ins, taking cues from his mentor Mahoney and developed his skills of tattooing fine lines and complex real designs. Woo gained the title of ‘most in-demand celebrity tattoo artist’ as per the article published in ‘V magazine’ (an American fashion magazine) in 2017. Not only this, Woo is one of the favorite tattoo artists of celebrities who got their body tats inked by him. Recently, Woo opened his private shop, HIDEAWAY at Suite X.
- Few popular celebrities who got inked by Doctor Woo: Drake, Miley Cyrus, Harry Styles, Cara Delevingne, Zoë Kravitz, Canelo Álvarez, Emilia Clarke, Tony Hawk, Hailey Bieber.
- Shop Name: HIDEAWAY at Suite X
- Location/Address: Private shop HIDEAWAY at Suite X in Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel (Los Angeles). The exact location is only revealed once the appointment is confirmed.
- Website: www.drwoo.com
- E.mail: email@example.com
3. Mister Cartoon
Mark Machado, popularly known as Mister Cartoon, is a Mexican American tattoo artist who resides in Los Angeles, California. He is also known as the graffiti artist. The artwork of Mister Cartoon graces the skin of many celebrities. Not only this, he has even designed the logo for Cypress Hill and Eminem’s “Shady Records.” Mister Cartoon is mostly famous for tattooing cartoon figures on his customers. Celebrities like 50 Cent, Justine Timberlake, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, etc. are great fans of the artwork of Mister Cartoon.
- Few popular celebrities who got inked by Mister Cartoon: Justine Timberlake, Snoop Dogg, Bow Wow, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, Eminem, Redman, Kobe Bryant, Beyonce Knowles, Method Man, Travis Barker, Jules Jordan, Lewis Hamilton, Scott Raynor.
- Location/Address: 129 E 6th St Los Angeles, California.
- Instagram ID: @misterctoons
- Website: www.mistercartoon.com
- E.mail: ASST@MISTERCARTOON.COM
- Contact Number: (213) 488-0313
4. Daniel J. Winter (Winter Stone)
Daniel J. Winter, professionally known as Winter Stone, is a Los Angeles based tattoo artist, who is famous for delicate fine line tattoos. Winter developed his artistic leanings at an early teenage. Initially, he worked as a graphic designer for Disney. In early 2012, Winter started tattooing his friends who gave him the moniker ‘Winter Stone.’ His tattoos are amazing which consists of delicate fine lines, meaningful pieces, sharp arts, and many more. Many celebrities are a great fan of the artistic work of Winter.
- Few popular celebrities who got inked by Winter Stone: Mandy Moore, Bella Thorne, Sasha Pieterse, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Joe Jonas.
- Location/Address: The exact location is only revealed once the appointment is confirmed.
- Instagram: @winterstone
- E.mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
5. Chente Rios-Under The Gun Tattoo Company
Chente Rios, an East Los Angeles based tattoo artist began his career in the mid-90s. Initially, Rios had faced a lot of struggles in his career because obtaining a respectable job as a tattoo artist was very difficult. But, with his continued hard work and dedication he successfully established his name as one of the best tattoo artists in Los Angeles. Today, he owns the ‘Under The Gun Tattoo Company.’ He is worldwide famous for black and grey portrait tattoos. His amazing artwork helped him to gain popularity among celebrities also.
- Few popular celebrities who got inked by Chente Rios: Justin Bieber
- Shop Name: Under The Gun Tattoo Company
- Location/Address: 4323 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90029, United States
- Website: www.utgink.com
- Contact Number: +1 323-661-0607
6. Kat Von D-High Voltage Tattoo
Katherine Von Drachenberg, popularly known as Kat Von D, is an American tattoo artist who is best known for her work as a tattoo artist in ‘LA Ink’ on the TLC reality television. Apart from tattooing, she also works as a model, entrepreneur, musician, author, and television personality. The Latino culture of Los Angeles termed as a major source of inspiration for her tattoo art. She always wanted to be a great tattoo artist and for that, she quit her school just at the age of 16. Today, her hard work and dedication towards her goals have made her one of the most successful tattoo artists with millions of followers from all over the world. Many tattoo artists work as apprentices under her at the High Voltage Tattoo shop.
- Few popular celebrities who got inked by Kat Von D: Kerry King, Margaret Cho, Beyoncé, Miley Cyrus, Eve, Zayn Malik, Lady Gaga, Harry Styles, Diggy, Demi Lovato, Mary J. Blige, Toby Morse.
- Shop Name: High Voltage Tattoo
- Location: Kat Von D’s High Voltage Tattoo 1259 North La Brea Ave.West Hollywood, CA 90038-1023
- Website: www.highvoltagetattoo.com
- E.mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Number: 323-969-9820
7. Zoey Taylor-The Warren Tattoo Shop
Zoey Taylor is considered one of the best tattoo artists in West Hollywood. She owns a tattoo shop called ‘The Warren Tattoo Shop’ where a team of tattoo artists works under her guidance. She is specialized in realism portraits, beautiful floral patterns, and abstract designs. Many celebrities have appreciated her work. The best thing about The Warren Shop is that it provides private spaces to the clients to make them feel comfortable during the entire process.
- Shop Name: The Warren Tattoo Shop
- Location/Address: 8776 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069, United States
- Instagram: @zoeytaylor
- Website: www.warrentattoo.com
- Contact Number: +1 310-659-3502
8. Paul Timman-Sunset Strip Tattoo
Paul Patterson Timman, popularly known as Paul Timman, is a Los Angeles based award-winning tattoo artist. He is called the ‘Rembrandt of Sunset Strip’ by the Wall Street Journal because of his unique tribal designs and hand-painted tattoo work. His tattoo work has been featured in many magazines like Inked, Tattoo Magazine, and Skin Art. He works at ‘Sunset Strip Tattoo’ in Hollywood and has got several celebrity clients.
- Few popular celebrities who got inked by Paul Timman: Angelina Jolie, Busta Rhymes, Mark Wahlberg, Nicolas Cage, Pamela Anderson, Kiefer Sutherland.
- Shop Name: Sunset Strip Tattoo
- Location: 7524 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046, United States
- Instagram: @paultimman
- Website: www.paultimman.com
- Contact Number: +1 323-874-4596
9. Romeo Lacoste-The California Dream Tattoo
Romeo Lacoste is a Canadian-American celebrity tattoo artist who owns a shop in Los Angeles (California) by the name ‘The California Dream Tattoo.’ A team of experienced tattoo artists works under him at The California Dream Tattoo shop. Since the age of 10, he had a great interest in drawing. By the age of 17, he chose tattooing as his career. He appeared as a contestant on ‘Best Ink’ Season 3, aired on Oxygen in the US in 2015, which helped him to gain a lot of popularity. He is one of the most popular tattoo artists among celebrities, especially the young generation.
- Few popular celebrities who got inked by Romeo Lacoste: Justine Bieber, Ariana Grande, James Charles, Mike Posner, Soulja Boy, Alexis Ren, Kendrick Lamar, DJ Mustard, Dolan Twins, Juice Wrld.
- Shop Name: The California Dream Tattoo
- Location: 13131 Sherman Way #207 North Hollywood, CA 91605
- Instagram: @romeolacoste
- Website: www.romeolacoste.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact Number: +1 818-452-9224
10. Bob Roberts-Spotlight Tattoo
Bob Roberts is an amazing tattoo artist who owns the shop ‘Spotlight Tattoo’ in Los Angeles. Bob has almost 40 years of experience in tattooing. He used to tattoo almost 15-20 people a day. His artwork consists of American traditional colorful tattoo designs that are loved by many people.
- Shop Name: BOB ROBERT’S Spotlight Tattoo
- Location: 5859 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038, United States
- Instagram: @misterbobroberts
- Website: bobroberts.bigcartel.com
- Contact Number: +1 323-871-1084